Author Topic: ST. AGNES - PATRON SAINT OF YOUNG GIRLS  (Read 8327 times)

Offline prayerflowers

• Administrator
  • Serving God
  • Holy Mother hold my hand walk me to Jesus.
    • God's Flower Garden
ST. AGNES - PATRON SAINT OF YOUNG GIRLS
« on: May 22, 2010, 12:35:11 PM »
St. Agnes - Patron Saint of Young Girls
Feast Day - January 21
Emblem - Lamb (symbol of purity and innocence)
Died c.305
St. Agnes
Courageous Teenager
Long ago there was a beautiful thirteen-year-old girl named Agnes, who was put on trial for being a Christian.  At the trial, the judge described the comfortable life she would have if she gave up her faith and married.  Agnes said no.   The judge threatened her with torture.  Agnes still said no.  So the judge had her taken to the altar of the goddess Minerva to offer a gift. Agnes made the Sign of the Cross instead. The judge condemned her to death. It was said that she went to her death more cheerfully than others go to their wedding. Agnes knew she would be going straight to God.
How we honour St. Agnes
This saint is one of the best-known early martyrs.  Her memory is kept alive in the First Eucharistic Prayer of the Mass. The Roman Emperor Constantine built a church in her honour over her tomb. She is the patron saint of young girls.
Prayer
St. Agnes, nothing could make you turn your back on Christ. Help me to have your courage in the face of trials and temptations.

Excerpt taken from "Saints Galore", by Grace Dumelle, Roman Inc., c1992.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 12:43:18 PM by prayerflowers »
Prayer of Mother Teresa
Dear Jesus, help me to spread Thy fragrance everywhere I go. Flood my soul with Thy spirit and love. Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my life may only be a radiance of Thine. Shine through me and be so in me that every soul I come in contact with may feel Thy presence in my soul. Let them look up and see no longer me but only Jesus. Stay with me and then I shall begin to shine as you shine, so to shine as to be a light to others.

Sweet Jesus, I offer you all the flowers you put in my path, open my eyes so I may see You in each one of them, open my heart that I may Love them as You will for me...Amen
Yours in Christ †
Prayerflowers
Forum Administrator