Author Topic: Feast day of St. John Paul II - Oct 22  (Read 1597 times)

Offline prayerflowers

• Administrator
  • Serving God
  • Mary, Mediatrix of All Graces Pray for us
    • God's Flower Garden
Feast day of St. John Paul II - Oct 22
« on: October 22, 2014, 09:53:51 AM »

Praise God!!! We love you Pope John Paul II...please pray for us and our country...Amen

Pope John Paul II, the third-longest serving pope in history, died in April 2005 at the age of 84.
He had suffered from Parkinson's disease, arthritis and other ailments. 

A Final Prayer (by St John Paul II)
Jesus said…"Abide in Me, and I in you…for apart from Me you can do nothing."
John 15:4-5
 I leave you now with this prayer: that the Lord Jesus will reveal Himself to each one of you, that He will give you the strength to go out and profess that you are Christian, that He will show you that He alone can fill your hearts. Accept His freedom and embrace His truth, and be messengers of the certainty that you have been truly liberated through the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus. This will be the new experience, the powerful experience, that will generate, through you, a more just society and a better world.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:23:23 AM by prayerflowers »
In Jesus I pray,
Prayerflowers

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, and sought your intercession, was left unaided.  Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to you do I come; before you I stand sinful and sorrowful.  O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy hear and answer me. Amen!
Sweet Jesus, I offer you all the flowers you put in my path, open my eyes so I may see You in each one of them, open my heart that I may Love them as You will for me...Amen

Offline peace rose

• PRAYER ANGEL
  • Serving God
Re: Feast day of St. John Paul II - Oct 22
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 11:58:50 AM »
Prayerflowers,
Thank you for posting this beautiful prayer.

Official Vatican Prayer to Saint John Paul II

Oh, Saint John Paul, from the window of heaven, grant us your blessing! Bless the church that you loved and served and guided, courageously leading it along the paths of the world in order to bring Jesus to everyone and everyone to Jesus.

Bless the young, who were your great passion.
 Help them dream again,
help them look up high again to find the light
that illuminates the paths of life here on earth.

May you bless families, bless each family! You warned of Satan's assault against this precious and indispensable divine spark that God lit on earth. Saint John Paul, with your prayer, may you protect the family
and every life that blossoms from the family.

Pray for the whole world, which is still marked by tensions, wars and injustice. You tackled war by invoking dialogue and planting the seeds of love:
pray for us so that we may be tireless sowers of peace.

Oh Saint John Paul, from heaven's window,
where we see you next to Mary,
send God's blessing down upon us all. Amen.

(I received this prayer from The Magnificat today.)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:01:59 PM by peace rose »
We pray in Jesus' name,
Peace Rose
Assistant Moderator

Offline prayerflowers

• Administrator
  • Serving God
  • Mary, Mediatrix of All Graces Pray for us
    • God's Flower Garden
Re: Feast day of St. John Paul II - Oct 22
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:24:11 AM »
Love the prayer...I forgot to put St John Paul II by his prayer that Final Prayer was by him. 
In Jesus I pray,
Prayerflowers

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, and sought your intercession, was left unaided.  Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to you do I come; before you I stand sinful and sorrowful.  O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy hear and answer me. Amen!
Sweet Jesus, I offer you all the flowers you put in my path, open my eyes so I may see You in each one of them, open my heart that I may Love them as You will for me...Amen